Tuesday 26 January 2010

who want's a sandwich ?

Spent some time at work this week-end, the first half hull mold is well on it's way and I did my first sandwich test with the rohacell and glassfiber just to pick-up the trick. I definitly need some more practice... and different foam. I did a little review to compare as you can see.



I didn't find an other way to answer the posts, so I'll do it here. I intend to build foils too as that's he most interesting part, but I've got a lot to learn till then...



Next steps : sandwich sample test 2 ; order new foam (maybe 2 different) and some carbone fiber ; finish first hull mold.

See ya.

4 comments:

  1. If it's any help I use A500...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project. If you look at the yahoo group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Allegro-Lite/
    you can find some info on designing composite beams, etc. It is meant for airplanes but you can scale to moths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need any mast, sails, parts let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the carpet no less! That's a sign of confidence. :-)

    ReplyDelete